The product and its technical file are presented to ANPI laboratories, which conduct the identification and carry out the prescribed compliance tests.
For candidate product manufacturers and distributors to certify their products and systems, the certification procedure takes place over 7 stages (as per ISO IEC 17065):
- Initial Assessment of the Certification request file submitted by the requester (customer);
- Initial Assessment of Product or System compliance with normative reference documents through type tests etc., conducted in a laboratory recognised by the certification body;
- Review and assessment of the certification file;
- Decision and awarding of the certificate;
- Periodic monitoring audits using product sampling in places accessible by the user (production or distribution chain);
- Maintenance, suspension or withdrawal of the certificate.